Academic Program Assessment
- December 22
- 19-20 Assessment Reports must be submitted to Department/Final Approver (Step 8)
- Department Approval must occur prior to January 15
- 19-20 Assessment Reflections & Closing the Loop must be submitted to OIE&E (Step 2)
- 20-21 Assessment Plans must be submitted to OIE&E (Step 4)
Resources for Academic Programs
Brand New to AEFIS?
To request access or removal of access, please click HERE.
Take a look at our AEFIS User Quickstart Guide for information about how to log-in to AEFIS and get started documenting your program's assessment efforts!
What is program assessment?
Program assessment is the process by which faculty identify essential learning outcomes for the discipline, gather information about student learning with regard to the learning outcomes, analyze and discuss that information as a faculty group, and use information gleaned during these discussions to continuously improve the educational and learning experience for all students.
Why do we do program-level assessment?
The purpose of program assessment is to:
- Enhance the educational experience for all students;
- Identify curricular expectations and relationships across the student experience;
- Understand what and why student learning occurs as it does in the context of the program;
- Further develop students' skills in the identified program learning outcomes (PLOs); and,
- Actively involve program faculty in the curricular assessment and quality improvement process.