What are Scanning Services hours of operation and location?
Scanning Services are available Monday - Friday, 8:15 a.m - 5:00 p.m. and by appointment (strongly encouraged).
Scanning Services is located on the 3rd floor of Henderson Hall.
Do I need to make an appointment to have exams (scantrons) scanned?
Appointments are recommended and strongly encouraged. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
to set up an appointment.
What do I need to bring with me to Scanning Services?
- Classroom exams require the standard Texas A&M University form.
- Instructors/TAs will need to make a key or keys for their exams. Multiple forms can be scored separately or all together.
- Students' answer sheets should bubble in students' name and Universal ID Number (UIN) using a No.2 pencil for their score records.
NOTE: Forms should be free of any physical damage including creases, tears, food, water marks or any other alteration preventing the answer sheet from lying flat.
What turnaround time can I expect?
Turn-around time is usually 10-20 minutes, barring any unforeseen circumstances.
How do I log-on to Digital Desk Instructor Tools?
Go to https://digitaldesk.tamu.edu
to log in. You will be asked to authenticate through the CAS system.
NOTE: If you log-on from an off campus computer, VPN is required
. Please contact your college/departmental IT staff for VPN Access/Support/Help Desk. Once logged into Digital Desk, click on the tab you wish to view (e.g. Reports, Answer Key, etc.).
How do I assign a Teaching Assistant (TA)?
Once logged in to Digital Desk, select Settings tab from dashboard. Then enter either your Course number (Acct 209) or select your course from the drop down menu. Insert TA’s UIN and click “Add TA” to finish TA assignment. The TA’s name will show up as assigned. To remove a TA, simply click the delete button next to their name.
How do I run/download reports?
Select Report tab, then select exam ID from drop down menu. Click on the check box for exam and then select reports you wish to have generated. You can select generate All reports or select individual reports. Click on the Run button and reports will download. The tab named “graphs and downloads” will display a number next to them. You can view and download reports under each tab. Click the download button next to the report/graph you wish to view. Click “open” on the pop-up to view reports.
How do I release Individual Student Score Report?
After you have reviewed student scores within Digital Desk Instructor Tools, an instructor can release individual student score reports through the “Release Student Score Reports” button. This will e-mail each individual student score to their @tamu.edu e-mail address.
How do I and/or students change e-mail settings to not send Scanning Services e-mails to Spam/Junk mail folders?
If Using Microsoft Outlook:
- Locate “Junk E-Mail” folder
- Locate email from “email@example.com”
- Right click on email form firstname.lastname@example.org
- Go down the list to “Junk” and a submenu will pop out.
- Click on “Not Junk”.
- A pop up window will appear “Mark as Not Junk”. Stating: “This message will be moved back into the Inbox Folder.” Make sure the box is checked next to “Always trust e-mail from email@example.com. Then click “OK”.
If Using Gmail:
If a message is incorrectly classified as spam you can unmark the message. Select the message, and click the Not Spam button that appears at the top and bottom of your current view. Unmarking a message will automatically move it to your inbox.
If messages are consistently being mislabeled as spam, you can prevent this by:
- Adding the email addresses to your Contacts list. Gmail will deliver messages from members of your Contacts list to your inbox, unless we know with high confidence that they are spam.
- Some messages sent from contacts which are very clearly spam can be sent directly to your Spam label. More importantly, in some cases messages from contacts will not be sent to Spam but will be marked with a red warning banner if the content is suspicious - for example, your friend's or contact's account has been compromised and used to send phishing messages.
- Creating a filter so the messages are never sent to Spam.
This should stop e-mails from ending up in the Spam folder. If you continue to have issues with this please contact your department's IT personnel or Help Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org
If using a different application please contact your department IT personnel or Help Desk at email@example.com
How do I upload grades into Canvas?
Under the Reports tab, click the Custom Option. Select your course from the dropdown menu and click Run. The system will verify your request to upload. Once verified, the system will produce a pop-up that confirms the upload to Canvas. NOTE: Upload to Canvas can take up to 15 minutes.